.jpg)
Jeremy, Bryton & I were able to visit Seattle for a week this month to visit his Dad, and we loved it. We had a total blast (Seattle is now, officially one of my favorite places). Here are some pictures from our trip - sorry I got a little carried away because we got so many great pictures. So, on our first day we went to the Seattle Zoo. It was only 30 out, but we bundled up and braved the cold.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Next we went to visit the Locks, where Lake Washington and the Puget Sound meet. It was awesome. I was not familiar with the concept of the Lock system, so I was quite amazed.
.jpg)
Bryton and Grandpa hanging out at Lake Samamish.
This is a a crazy gum wall in downtown Seattle. Literally the entire wall is covered in gum - you can't even see the actual wall anymore.
.jpg)
Jeremy contributing to the gum wall.
We spent one afternoon at the famous Pike's Market in Seattle.
Seattle from a ferry.
.jpg)
Bryton loved the ferries, or the big boats, as she called them.
I did too. I'd never been on one before, and it was definitely a highlight for me.
.jpg)
We also took a trip up to the mountains to play in the snow. Another of Bryton's favorite things.
She loves sledding, and going fast.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Of all the fun things we did, one of my very favorites was our trip out to the coast to visit Forks. This is Lake Crescent, located along the drive from Port Angeles to Forks, and it was breathtaking.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is at the pier in Port Angeles.
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is how much rain Forks got last year - 7 1/2 feet!
.jpg)
Forks High School (shhh . . . don't tell Jeremy I posted a picture with him in it).
.jpg)
This is the home the town has designated as Bella's house.
.jpg)
Bella's truck is parked at the Forks visitors center.
.jpg)
We also went out to the coast to La Push. Yes, they are all real places (it was kind of strange). The coast is beautiful, and the driftwood is unbelievable.
.jpg)
This picture (and the one above) are of First Beach.
.jpg)
Jeremy and I took a walk through the forest to see Second Beach.
.jpg)
The forest is just what you would imagine - dense, green, and beautiful.
.jpg)
Second Beach . . . so pretty.
.jpg)
On our last day we hung out in downtown Seattle. It was incredibly foggy.
.jpg)
Bryton on the trip home, just checking to make sure no one is eavesdropping :) We loved our visit to Seattle, thanks to Grandpa and Cece for having us.



5 comments:
Okay I love all of the pictures. I would love to go to Forks. How fun to see it all in real life.
I love that you went to Forks! Looks like you guys had a blast. Cute new background!
Cute pictures. Looks like you had the best vaca ever. I bet you needed it! I'm jealous that you went to forks and saw all that you did. Thanks for posting the pictures.
I love it!!!
1. The gum wall is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Eww...
2. Bryton is getting so grown up!
3. It's hard to imagine a forest and a beach in the same place. It looked so beautiful.
We still haven't renewed out D-land passes. We are so busy we haven't even thought about going.
Post a Comment