Jeremy, my brother Jonathan, and I decided on a whim that we wanted to hike Half Dome, in Yosemite. So we packed up and left Thursday morning, camped over, hiked Half Dome on Friday, and then drove home. It was crazy, and amazing all in one.
.jpg)
There are some amazing waterfalls in Yosemite.
.jpg)
.jpg)
These next few pictures are of our camp site. It was beautiful.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is where we slept. That's right, no tent.
.jpg)
The start of our hike. We were feeling excited and ready to go. Little did we know . . .
.jpg)
On the trail up.
.jpg)
Filling up with water.
Nevada Falls. It was AMAZING. Words and pictures do not do it justice. .jpg)
The cables leading up to the summit.
Um yeah, I was freaking.
So steep.
It was intense.
Jeremy hanging his feet off the edge, much to my dismay.
And standing on the edge of the mountain, also much to my dismay.
I look closer to the edge than I am. I wouldn't get within a couple feet.
The guys were loving it.
It was a surreal experience to stand on the top of that mountain. One of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. We were bummed about the view being so hazy due to the wildfires.
This was on the way back down.
After we got down we hiked up to this other waterfall, and it was incredible.
The mist coming off it was crazy.
The end of our hike. We are all exhausted. Half Dome is 17 miles round trip, plus the extra millage we put on going to the falls, we hiked 20.5 miles, climbing 6,800 feet. We were on the mountain for 10 hours, and needless to say had quite the adventure. I think it was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done, and at moments I hated it, but it was so worth it. 


10 comments:
This was so much fun to read. Looks so amazing. I'm going to take Eric now. Thanks.
I'm SCARED!!! DON'T EVER GET THAT CLOSE TO AN EDGE AGAIN.
That looks like a lot of fun. It seems you guys are doing well.
I want to go hike Half Dome now! That looks like so much fun. How did you get a campsite at Yosemite without a reservation?
your crazy! and a lot braver than me. I showed eric your pictures he was jealous. Bryton is getting so big sounds like she is busy. thankfully walker still sits!!!
you guys are my heros! unreal- isn't yosemite amazing? miss you guys.
WOW!! I would LOVE to go there! I can totally see Q putting his life at risk to take a cool picture like that. Boys.
I'm totally impressed Kazia. You're amazing!! What an awesome hike.
you dudes are awesome, em and i are severely down for some hiking action in similitude of this exact hike. oh man, that hike looks so rad. once again, the Smith's have got to hang with the Brown's. we'll even bring the Belnap's and the Ruys' (thats going to be eliza's new last name) with us. cheers to you guys.
peace out-side, the Smith's
Time for an update!!!!!
Post a Comment